The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government is committed to bring about fruitful change in the province. Industry plays a pivotal role in the development of a vibrant society. Keeping in view the crucial role of industrialisation, the Government has devised mutipronged strategy in which industry is one of the sectors that rank high on the priority list. Due to its wide ranging economic impact, Industrialisation is vital as a source of poverty reduction and employment generation. Moreover, the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has huge untapped potential, which after being fully utilised, will usher in an era of prosperity and wellbeing of the people of the province. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is blessed with immense minerals and other raw materials, necessary for promotion of industries. A targeted investment strategy, coupled with a coherent industrial policy, is expected greatly assist the prospective investors.
The Industries, Commerce & Technical Education Department is one of the major Government Institutions striving to promote industrial development, trade and investment in the province. The main focus of activity is promotion of trade and investment in the province. Government of Khyber PakhtunKhwa is keen on creating a business-friendly investment climate in line with the Federal Government Policies and present the Province as an attractive investment destination for the entrepreneurs / investors.
Aims & Objectives
The objective of the Industrial Policy of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is essentially to develop the economy of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by taking the following steps:
• To rehabilitate the sick industrial units by taking necessary remedial measures.
• To create more jobs by facilitating Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to grow and flourish by providing Business Support Services (BSS) including necessary finances.
• To create more Special Economic Zones (SEZs) to attract local and foreign investors to set up industries.
• To improve infrastructural facilities in the existing industrial estates.
The Mission of Industries Department is:
• To strive for social development and economic prosperity of people, especially the poor and under privileged masses
• To provide opportunities for large scale employment through private sector
• To develop human capital to meet the needs of industry
• To utilize natural resources for sustainable industrial development
• To set up industries based on local raw material and skilled labour to achieve comparable cost advantage and attract investment
Industrial Policy, 2016
KP Small Industrial Development Board Act, 1973
KP Board of Investment & Trade Act,2013
KP Consumer Protection Act ,2015
KP Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority Act 2010
Industrial Relations Act, 2010Read More
The Vision of Industries Department is:
To build a prosperous Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through sustainable and balanced industrial development thereby creating large employment opportunities and contribute in human development and infrastructure, and to mobilize resources to surmount low investment, poor productivity, and degrading physical and socia infrastructure.
Who We Are
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is the third largest province of Pakistan in terms of Population which is around 27.50 million. The total land area is approximately 74,521 sq. km. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is bequeathed with natural resources which have offers multitude of investment opportunities. Despite the fact the population of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is generally known as hardworking, the Industrialization in the province has no significant role in its overall socio-economic development.