The Project aims to support creation of employment opportunities and sustainable jobs for the people of KP and FATA, thereby addressing the core strategic objectives of stimulating employment and livelihood opportunities. The Multi Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) project ‘Economic Revitalization of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)’ is a joint initiative for both Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA to provide support to the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), attract Diaspora investment, and strengthen institutional capacities to foster investment and implement regulatory reforms. The project is a response to the priority interventions identified under the donor-supported Post Crisis Needs Assessment (PCNA) Report. The MDTF for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, FATA and Balochistan was established to support the recommendations made in the PCNA report, and is being administered by the World Bank on behalf of 10 donors.
The Project is divided in three components:
• SME Development
• Investment Mobilization
• Capacity Building to Foster Investment and Implement Reforms
Modernization of Government Press, Peshawar
Following are the achievements of the ERKF.
• 13,500 direct jobs created by the enterprises
• 2500 SMEs across the province upgraded / rehabilitated.
• 50 private enterprises using Tourist Information Management System developed by the Project.
• US$ 10 Million investment attracted from Diaspora and Private enterprises.
• Investment facilitation authorities established.
• 1000 SME’s access business development services offered under the Project.
Aims & Objectives
• Upgrade productivity and enhance product quality of SMEs.
• Enhance economic growth to boost employment opportunities in the Province.
• Engage potential youth in economic activities of the Province.
• Create corporate culture in the Province.
• Increase tourist activities in the Province.
• Increase in institutional effectiveness through strengthened capacity.Read More
What does KP-ERKF do
• To Pre-feasibility study on Diaspora Bond.
• Assessment study of the Industries Department and its Allied Formation.
• Industrials survey of KP and Formation of Policy.
• Investment strategy for KP.
• Awareness program on SEZ’s.
Events Organized by KP-ERKF
Following are the events organized of KP-ERKF:
• Investment Road Show Karachi.
• Investment Road Show Dubai.