The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government is committed to bringing about fruitful change in the province. Industry plays a pivotal role in the development of a vibrant society. Keeping in view the crucial role of industrialization, the Government has devised a multipronged strategy in which Industry is one of the sectors that rank high on the priority list. Due to its wide-ranging economic impact, Industrialisation is vital as a source of poverty reduction, and employment generation. Moreover, the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has huge untapped potential, which after being fully utilized, will usher into an era of prosperity and well-being for the people of the province. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is blessed with immense minerals and other raw materials, necessary for the promotion of Industries. A targeted investment strategy, coupled with a coherent industrial policy of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would greatly assist the prospective investors.
The Industries, Commerce & Technical Education Department is one of the significant Government Institutions striving to promote industrial development, trade, and investment in the province. The main focus of activity is promoting trade and investment in the province. The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is keen on creating a business-friendly investment climate in line with the Federal Government Policies and presenting the Province as an attractive investment destination for entrepreneurs/investors.
- Survey of industries.
- Industrial Research
- Industrial exhibition within the country.
- Industrial training (including training of demonstration parties).
- Planning development & control of industries, including cottage industries.
- The Provincial Advisory Panels for Industries
- All cases relating to Boilers Act, Patent & Designs Act, Explosive Act, & Companies Act.
- Registration of Joint Stock Companies, Firms, and Societies.
- Chambers and Associations of Commerce and Industry.
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Consumers Protection Act, 1997.
- Store Purchase Dept, Purchase of stores & capital goods including stores for Government Presses & Public Works Dept.
- Trade and commerce, within the Province, including Government commercial undertakings, Merchandise Marks Act, railway freight, import and export, trade control, capital issue, Insurance Act, Registration of Accountants, Auditors Certificate Rules, Partnership Act, trade condition reports, trade inquiries, and agreements
To build a prosperous Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through sustainable and balanced industrial development thereby creating enormous employment opportunities and contributing to human development and infrastructure, and to mobilize resources to surmount low investment, poor productivity, and degrading physical and social infrastructure.