Assan Karobar facilitation portal for ease of doing business
- Chairman BoD-KPEZDMC/Secretary IC&TE-KP, Mr. Kamran Afridi visited KPEZDMC Head Office.... (06/03/2023)
- solarization of economic zones in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa... (22/02/2023)
- Minister Chaired Progress & Performance Review Of Industrial, Commerce & Technical Education Departm... (10/02/2023)
- Secretary IC&TE-KP Mr. Amir Sultan Tareen and CEO-KPEZDMC and CZM visited Gadoon Economic Zone.... (08/02/2023)
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government is committed to bringing about fruitful change in the province. Industry plays a pivotal role in the development of a vibrant society. Keeping in view the crucial role of industrialization, the Government has devised a multipronged strategy in which Industry is one of the sectors that rank high on the priority list. Due to its wide-ranging economic impact, Industrialisation is vital as a source of poverty reduction, and employment generation. Moreover, the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has huge untapped potential, which after being fully utilized, will usher into an era of prosperity and well-being for the people of the province. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is blessed with immense minerals and other raw materials, necessary for the promotion of Industries. A targeted investment strategy, coupled with a coherent industrial policy of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would greatly assist the prospective investors.
The Industries, Commerce & Technical Education Department is one of the significant Government Institutions striving to promote industrial development, trade, and investment in the province. The main focus of activity is promoting trade and investment in the province. The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is keen on creating a business-friendly investment climate in line with the Federal Government Policies and presenting the Province as an attractive investment destination for entrepreneurs/investors.
- Survey of industries.
- Industrial Research
- Industrial exhibition within the country.
- Industrial training (including training of demonstration parties).
- Planning development & control of industries, including cottage industries.
- The Provincial Advisory Panels for Industries
- All cases relating to Boilers Act, Patent & Designs Act, Explosive Act, & Companies Act.
- Registration of Joint Stock Companies, Firms, and Societies.
- Chambers and Associations of Commerce and Industry.
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Consumers Protection Act, 1997.
- Store Purchase Dept, Purchase of stores & capital goods including stores for Government Presses & Public Works Dept.
- Trade and commerce, within the Province, including Government commercial undertakings, Merchandise Marks Act, railway freight, import and export, trade control, capital issue, Insurance Act, Registration of Accountants, Auditors Certificate Rules, Partnership Act, trade condition reports, trade inquiries, and agreements
To build a prosperous Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through sustainable and balanced industrial development thereby creating enormous employment opportunities and contributing to human development and infrastructure, and to mobilize resources to surmount low investment, poor productivity, and degrading physical and social infrastructure.
A nation's skilled workforce is integral to complete the SME sector and large scale industries, also acquired skills give importance to startups, ultimately adding to the nation's economic growth.
Successful incentive schemes have reached out to the grassroots level of SMEs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Merged Areas. It has not only documented the province's SME sector,but also created significant job opportunities leading towards a previous KP.
Large scale initiatives laid the foundation for rapid industrialization, incurring investment and creating job opportunities contribution to the overall economic prosperity of the province
The industry department has surpassed countless milestones to ensure effective regulations in the province, which in due course has enabled a business -friendly environment including both domestic and foreign investment